Friday 12 March 2010

'HOME made' Skittles Costume

The other day at uni i saw a poster on a wall advertising a party called the 'Anything But Clothes' party ,which set my creativity into motion as it ment that i could make another costume :D woop! on the poster were a few pictures, some people dressed as 'Spongebob Squarepants',  a girl with an Adam and Eve themed outfit, and two guys one had a printed 'Kit-Kat' t-shirt and the other was in a cardboard box costume with 'Yorkie' painted on it, so i thought that food would be a good theme as there is tones of types and it would be funny. At first my friends and i were going to make biscuit costumes, me as a 'Jammy Dodger' but after thought i didn't like the idea and i was on the search for a new idea, still on the food theme, so i thought about the 'Kit-Kat' and 'Yorkie' guys and searched for sweet packaging. Loads of ideas arose but none quite as appealing to me as a bag of 'Skittles'. i went to the shops and bought a bag ...or two :) and began making the costume, after about 12-13 hours i had finished and this is how it looked :D



We got to the party and it was pretty good, everyone in costume. Untill i got there i had no idea that there was a prize for the best costume, and by gum I WON! :D i couldnt believe it, after buying a round of drinks i was presented my prize,(a night for me plus one at a premier inn) i was extatic...imagine how excited i would be if i won the lottery haha :) so this is my 'Skittles' costume. Please let me know what you think in the comments below :)

4 comments:

  1. Outstanding Beve! The best fancy dress I have EVER seen. How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one...but a flake... being a girly...so who are you taking to the premier inn Mr Toad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to know how you made this.....my daughter wants to be this for Halloween....yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did duo this it is totally AWESOME! Can u please e-mail me Mary at mairs@aol.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete